Origin Spuds Yolla-5 Production Well in Bass Strait with West Telesto
Origin Energy Limited (Origin), as Operator of the BassGas Joint Venture, has confirmed that the Yolla-5 production well in Bass Strait offshore Australia was spud at 21:30 hours AEDT March 14. The well is being drilled using the jackup West Telesto (400' ILC).
The Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 wells are being drilled as part of Stage 2 of the BassGas Mid Life Enhancement (MLE) project.
The two-well drilling program follows the successful lift of the export compression and condensate pumping units into place on the Yolla Platform as reported Dec. 16, 2014.
These activities are designed to extend production from the Yolla field through the BassGas production facility at Lang Lang, Victoria.
Origin CEO Upstream, Paul Zealand said, “The spudding of the first of two production wells at Yolla is an important milestone and the culmination of years of planning.
“Completion of the MLE project will extend the production life of BassGas, to continue to meet the growing demand for gas on Australia’s east coast,” Zealand said.
Prognosed total measured depth of the well is approximately 10,761 feet (3,280 metres) Measured Depth Below Rotary Table (MDBRT).
The Yolla Platform is located in Bass Strait, approximately 87 miles (140 kilometers) offshore from Kilcunda, Victoria.
BassGas Joint Venture
- Origin Energy Resources Limited (Operator)* - 42.50 percent
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) - 35.00 percent
- Prize Petroleum International Pte.Ltd - 11.25 percent
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Trefoil Limited - 11.25 percent
* Through its wholly owned subsidiaries
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)