Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship
Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy ASA announced Friday that Dolphin Drilling Ltd., a subsidiary of the company, has received a termination for convenience notice from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the contract for the drilling unit Belford Dolphin (DW drillship).
The termination will be effective in early September. The termination fee is approximately $52 million.
The unit will undertake its five-year Class Renewal Survey (CRS) in second/third quarter 2015. The five-year CRS and upgrades is estimated to take approximately 100 days and cost $130 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)