Work on Pateke-4H Subsea Tie-back Project Underway at NZ’s Tui Oil Fields
AWE Limited as Operator of PMP 38158 announced Friday that the Pateke-4H subsea tie-back and installation project commenced on Thursday March 5 with the arrival of the DOF Subsea Diving Support Vessel, the “Skandi Singapore”, at the Tui area oil fields located approximately 31 miles (50 kilometers) off the coast of Taranaki, New Zealand.
The project involves the installation and commissioning of subsea pipelines, manifolds and ancillary support equipment, in water depths of about 406 feet (124 meters), to connect the Pateke-4H development well to the Tui field gathering system.
The subsea tie-back and installation project will coincide with a two week planned shutdown of the FPSO “Umuroa” for inspection and maintenance activity. First production from Pateke-4H is expected in April.
Located in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, PMP38158 contains the Tui, Amokura and Pateke fields and has been producing since 2007.
The Joint Venture partners in PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator) - 57.50 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries) - 27.50 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries) - 15.00 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)