McDermott Bags Subsea Fabrication Contract for Indonesia's Jangkrik Project
McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) announced Tuesday that it has been awarded a sizeable manifold and subsea safety isolation valve module fabrication contract by FMC Technologies for the Jangkrik fields located offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia. The contract was included in McDermott’s fourth quarter backlog and is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2016.
“Our demonstrated track record in the delivery of customized, high-quality subsea solutions from our Indonesian fabrication facility on Batam Island, including the Gorgon subsea structures fabrication project and the Ichthys engineering, procurement, construction and installation project, positions us strategically to support FMC Technologies in fabricating the Jangkrik Complex subsea infrastructure,” said McDermott’s Hugh Cuthbertson, vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific. “McDermott is also pleased to continue its longstanding commitment to providing in-country value to Indonesia through its delivery of projects from its Batam Island facility to the Indonesian energy industry.”
This is the first time that FMC Technologies has awarded work to McDermott’s Asia Pacific region. The scope of the project includes fabrication of approximately 3,200 tons of subsea manifolds and subsea safety isolation valve modules to be installed in water depths ranging from approximately 329 feet to 1,640 feet. Fabrication commenced in February at McDermott’s Batam Island facility in Indonesia, which will also be responsible for factory acceptance testing (FAT) / extended FAT and system integration testing.
“The McDermott team worked closely with FMC Technologies to determine execution strategies that meet their requirements and ensure high quality and on-schedule delivery,” explained Cuthbertson.
The Jangkrik Complex is operated by Eni and comprises two main fields – Jangkrik Main, located approximately 44 miles from the coast in the Muara Bakau permit area, along the Makassar Strait, and Jangkrik Northeast, approximately 16 miles from Jangkrik Main.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)