CFPS Wins Engineering, Design Deal for Brazil's Parnaiba Basin Gas Project
Fluor Corporation announced Wednesday that its CFPS Engenharia e Projetos, S.A., consortium with Construcap Engenharia e Comercio was awarded an engineering and design contract by exploration and production company Parnaiba Gas Natural (PGN) for a natural gas field development project in the Parnaiba Basin in Maranhao state in Brazil. PGN is Brazil’s leading private gas exploration and production company with a number of concessions in the region. Fluor booked its share of the contract for an undisclosed value in the first quarter of 2015.
“This project demonstrates the value of the expertise that the Fluor and Construcap partnership brings to oil, gas and chemical clients in Brazil,” said Jim Brittain, president of Fluor’s Engineering & Chemicals business line in the Americas. “This project for Parnaiba Gas Natural is representative of our commitment to develop partnerships and provide value to our clients in Brazil and Latin America, and we look forward to the successful execution of this work.”
The consortium will be responsible for the engineering and design of a gas gathering system that will allow PGN to achieve its 2016 production target. In addition, the project involves a 24.8-mile (40-kilometer) gas pipeline that will connect the Gaviao Branco production and treatment facility in the Parnaiba Basin to the central gas processing facility located in Maranhao state.
The engineering work will be executed by CFPS in its São Paulo, Brazil, office.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)
Company: Parnaiba Gas Natural more info
- Fluor, Construcap Hand Over Gas Facility in Brazil's Parnaiba Basin to PGN (Feb 26)
- CFPS Wins Engineering, Design Deal for Brazil's Parnaiba Basin Gas Project (Feb 26)
- Brazil's OGX Maranhao Changes Name to Parnaiba Gas Natural (Nov 28)