Neptune Marine Services Completes Grouting Work for Ichthys LNG Project
Neptune Marine Services Limited (Neptune) announced Wednesday that its Subsea Stabilization division recently successfully completed the structural grouting of the Riser Support Structure (RSS) under contract to a subsidiary of McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) for the Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project off Australia. McDermott is the appointed main contractor for the subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines engineering, procurement, construction and installation portion of the project.
Completed offshore in Australian waters in January, the project was the first of this complexity performed by Neptune. A team of seven Neptune personnel, including two engineers, performed 24 hour operations to complete the works safely and on schedule.
The offshore works commenced following the successful testing of the grout mix design at independent NATA accredited facilities. Subsequent to the project completion, testing was undertaken and the structural grouting passed all compressive strength requirements.
Following completion of the RSS scope of work, Neptune completed the initial campaign of subsea grouting of the scour protection systems (SPS). The SPS were designed, fabricated and installed to the subsea structures prior to installation.
Neptune CEO, Robin King said “this project was unique and demonstrates Neptune’s capabilities in structural grouting. Our proven capabilities, combined with the successful completion of this project, have led to further structural grouting scopes with other key clients.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
Company: Neptune Marine Services more info
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Neptune Marine Services Wins Contract from PTTEP Australasia (Jul 28)
- Neptune Bags Kitan Disconnection Project Contract from Technip (Feb 11)