Technip Wins New Subsea Contract West of Shetland
French oilfield services firm Technip reported Tuesday that it has been awarded a new subsea contract for the Glenlivet project, West of Shetland, by Total E&P UK.
The latest contract builds upon a previous award by Total for the Edradour Subsea Development that is located some 45 miles northwest of the Shetland Islands. It will involve the parallel development of the Glenlivet field, which is located nearby.
The Glenlivet specific scope includes:
- Fabrication and installation of a 12-inch production pipeline and a six-inch mono-ethylene glycol pipeline, complete with a two-inch piggy-backed service line.
- Supply and installation of steel tube umbilicals, manufactured at Technip's umbilicals facility in Newcastle, UK.
- Supply and installation of flexible tails from Flexi France, the group's manufacturing plant in Le Trait, France.
- Frabrication and installation of a pipeline end manifold, flowline end terminations, flexible tails and rigid well tie-in spools, as well as the installation of templates and manifolds.
- Rock dumping and pre-commissioning.
Technip said its operating center in Oslo, Norway, will execute the project alongside the previously-awarded Edradour project, while the pipelines for the project will be fabricated at the firm's spool base at Evanton, UK. Technip vessels will perform the installation in the summer seasons of 2016 and 2017.
Technip President North Sea Canada Knut Boe commented in a company statement:
"It is very good to see the benefits of the synergies between these two projects being realized by Total's award of this extra scope to Technip."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)