RH Petrogas Gets Clearance to Develop North Klalin Field in West Papua
RH Petrogas Limited (the Company) reported that the Plan of Development (POD) for the North Klalin gas and condensate field in the Kepala Burung Production Sharing Contract (Basin PSC), West Papua, Indonesia, has been approved by SKK Migas (Satuan Kerja Khusus Minyak dan Gas). The POD was submitted following the discovery made by the North Klalin-1 well in 2011 and the successful appraisal by the North Klalin- 2 and 3 wells in subsequent years. North Klalin-1, 2 and 3 wells have since been put on production.
The POD program involves the drilling of four new development wells and the construction of flowlines tying back to existing production facilities within the Basin block. The additional gas production from the North Klalin field will be used to supplement internal fuel requirement for operation as well as to meet additional demand for gas in the local markets and to support the economic development around the Sorong area in West Papua.
Francis Chang, CEO, said: “With the POD approval, the North Klalin field can now move into full field development. In view of the steep drop in oil prices which hit the oil and gas industry in recent months, we are currently discussing with our partners on the best strategy to implement the POD. We believe that given the current environment where many E&P companies are expected to cut back or defer on their capital expenditures, there may be opportunities for us to lower the cost of development for North Klalin should there be an easing of demand for drilling and other contracting services in the region.”
The Company through its subsidiaries Petrogas (Basin) Limited and RHP Salawati Basin B.V. has an aggregate 60 percent working interest in the Basin PSC. The other partners are PetroChina International (Bermuda) Ltd. (30 percent) and PT Pertamina Hulu Energi (10 percent). The consortium, as contractor of Indonesian government operating under the supervision of SKK Migas, has actively explored and produced oil and gas in the working area.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)
Company: PetroChina more info
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kazakhstan To Sell 5 Bcm Of Gas To China For $1B (Oct 03)
Company: RH Petrogas Limited more info
- RH Petrogas Says 2P Reserves at Fuyu 1 PSC in China's Songliao Basin Up 28% (May 12)
- RH Petrogas' Unit Shelves Drilling at Fuyu 1 PSC in China's Jilin Province (Feb 29)
- RH Petrogas Replaces PetroChina as Operator of Basin PSC in Indonesia (Jan 05)