First Oil Flows at UAE's Offshore Nasr Field
Japan's Inpex Corporation (Inpex) announced Thursday that, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd. (JODCO), it commenced oil production from the Nasr Oil Field offshore Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, Jan. 24.
The Nasr Oil Field is located approximately 81 miles (130 kilometers) northwest of Abu Dhabi City. Inpex has jointly developed the Nasr Oil Field with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), BP and Total.
In the first development phase, Inpex has commenced oil production from the Nasr Oil Field by utilizing existing facilities of the Abu Al Bukoosh (ABK) and Umm Shaif Oil Fields, located adjacent to the Nasr Oil Field. Full field development of the Nasr Oil Field is currently in progress, and after completion, the field is expected to produce oil at a peak rate of 65,000 barrels per day.
The oil produced from the Nasr Oil Field in the first development phase is transported via an existing subsea pipeline to Das Island, and eventually supplied to customers in Japan and other Asian countries as Das Crude.
Inpex has been engaged in the oil development business through JODCO and Inpex ABK, Ltd. in Abu Dhabi for over 40 years. The company owns participating interests* in the producing oil fields of Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu^, Nasr, Upper Zakum**, Umm Al-Dalkh, Satah and ABK. Through JODCO, Inpex has also been supporting local communities in Abu Dhabi through human resources development and other activities.
Inpex will continue to actively engage in the oil development business as well as social contribution activities in Abu Dhabi.
* Inpex owns a 12 percent participating interest in the Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu, Nasr, Upper Zakum and Umm Al-Dalkh Oil Fields, a 40 percent interest in the Satah Oil Field and a 25 pecent interest in the ABK Oil Field
^ Oil production commenced at the Umm Lulu Oil Filed, as announced on Oct. 17, 2014
** The concession for the Upper Zakum Oil Field was extended until 2041, as announced on Jan. 21, 2014
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)