Searcher Seismic, BGP Conduct GroupSeis Campaigns over North West Shelf
Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd. in conjunction with project partner, BGP, has announced Tuesday that the 2015 GroupSeis campaign over the North West Shelf, Western Australia. The GroupSeis concept has been developed by Searcher to provide clients with a turnkey solution for the environmental approval, acquisition and processing of small to medium sized seismic surveys.
Rachel Masters, Global sales manager for Searcher, said the GroupSeis campaign is an attractive option for all involved.
“Logistically the GroupSeis campaigns can be quite challenging to arrange, however, with increased vessel utilization, reduced environmental impact and some major cost savings to be had, the benefits are significant for all involved and our clients and project partners are supporting the concept 100 percent,” Masters added.
The 2015 GroupSeis campaign currently includes the acquisition of three individual broadband seismic surveys with further additions being negotiated for the final 2015 time slots.
The current surveys include the 169 square miles (437 square kilometres) Quoll 3D seismic survey in the Bonaparte Basin, the 311 miles (500 kilometers) Dunnart 2D seismic survey (which includes coverage of the Jansz gas discovery) and the 56 square miles (146 square kilometres) Numbat 3D, both of which are in the Carnarvon Basin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)
Company: Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd more info
- Searcher Seismic Commences Papua New Guinea Data Acquisition Program (Oct 12)
- Searcher Commences Reprocessing of 2D Seismic Data in WA's Browse Basin (Aug 01)
- Searcher Seismic Commences 3D Reprocessing Project in Australia (Jul 12)