Apache Hires Former BP Executive Riney As CFO
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Apache Corp on Thursday named Stephen Riney, a former executive with BP Plc, as its chief financial officer.
The announcement comes two days after the Houston-based oil and gas company said its Chief Executive Officer Steve Farris retired and named company veteran John Christmann to that job.
Riney, who will start in February, replaces Alfonso Leon, who resigned in October eight months after he was appointed as CFO. Riney most recently served as CFO of BP's exploration and production unit, Apache said.
(Reporting by Anna Driver)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)