PNG LNG Project Nears Financial Completion, Ends 120-Day Operational Test
Oil Search Ltd. disclosed Tuesday that ExxonMobil PNG Limited, operator of the PNG LNG Project in Papua New Guinea (PNG), has advised that the 120-day operational test for the liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities has been successfully completed (see press release below). The other outstanding lender completion requirements to achieve financial completion remain on schedule to be satisfied in the first quarter of 2015, after which loan repayments and co-venture distributions will commence.
PNG LNG Project Concludes Lender Operational Completion Test
The PNG LNG Project’s 120-day operational test period has successfully concluded.
This is just one of several tests required, and is an important milestone towards satisfaction of the financial completion tests set forth in the Project’s financing arrangements.
After financial completion has been achieved, guarantees will be released, loan repayments will commence, and co-venture distributions will be permitted.
Financing for the Project has been provided by a consortium of banks and export credit agencies.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)