NPD Processes Rutil Development Plan
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate reported Friday that it has processed the plan for development and operation (PDO) for the Rutil discovery in the Gullfaks Rimfaksdalen area of the North Sea. The NPD said that production start-up for the field is now scheduled for the first quarter of 2017.
Rutil (designated 34/10-53S) is a gas discovery that operator Statoil and its partners plan to develop as a subsea project, tying in the field to existing infrastructure on the Gullfaks A facility – which has available processing capacity.
The rutil discovery was made in the western part of the Gullfaks South area. Statoil estimates recoverable reserves from the field at 80 million barrels of oil equivalent, mostly composed of gas.
Statoil holds a 51-percent stake in the Rutil field, with Petoro and OMV holding 30 percent and 19 percent respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)