LTHE Bags $140M EPIC Contract for India's Offshore Vasai East Project
L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering (LTHE), a fully owned subsidiary of India's Larsen & Toubro, announced Monday that it has bagged an offshore contract valued at $140.4 million (INR 8.94 billion) from the Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) for additional development of the Vasai East project offshore Mumbai, India.
The contract, won against international competitive bidding, includes total ‘EPCI’ solutions – Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation of two wellhead platforms, subsea pipelines and modification of existing facilities in Heera-Panna-Bassein Block of Mumbai Offshore. The project, part of ONGC’s strategy to improve recovery factor of Vasai East field where production started in 2008, is scheduled to be completed by April 2016.
L&T has been serving the upstream hydrocarbon sector since the early ’90s. This contract reiterates the long term association of ONGC with L&T in the development of offshore fields in India. The Company’s offshore track record includes successful completion of several challenging projects for domestic and international clients.
LTHE provides complete ‘EPCI’ solutions for the offshore Oil & Gas industry. It combines customized engineering, procurement, fast-track project management and world-class fabrication, and sea installation capabilities meeting stringent timelines and conforming to global safety standards.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Larsen Oil & Gas Ltd more info
- LTHE Bags $140M EPIC Contract for India's Offshore Vasai East Project (Dec 29)
- Songa Offshore Enters Deepwater Drilling Market (Mar 24)
- Analysis: Pemex Strives to Increase Production through Offshore Drilling (Sep 11)