AWE Extends FPSO Umuroa's Contract with BW Offshore to 4Q 2016
Norway's BW Offshore, a floating production services provider, disclosed Tuesday that the firm has received a one year contract extension for the lease and operation of the FPSO Umuroa. The FPSO is currently operating at the Tui Area oil fields in petroleum mining permit (PMP) 38158 offshore New Zealand for field operator Australia's AWE Limited.
"The firm period has been extended to the fourth quarter of 2016 from fourth quarter 2015," BW Offshore said in a press release.
FPSO Umuroa has been operating at the Tui Area oil fields since 2007 after delivery from Keppel Shipyard in Singapore where it was converted to a floating production vessel.
The field operator signed an agreement in May 2008 to extend the charter of FPSO Umuroa through to 2015, inclusive of one year rights of renewal until 2022.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)