Aker Wins Mariner Hook-Up Engineering Contract
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solution reported Monday that it has been awarded a GBP 120 million ($188 million) contract by Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) to provide engineering services for the hook-up phase of the Mariner oilfield development in the UK North Sea. At its peak offshore phase, the contract will secure as many as 950 jobs in the UK.
The contract follows a five-year maintenance and modifications services contract awarded in June by Statoil for the Mariner field – which is set to begin production in 2017.
The work will be managed by Aker Solutions' UK maintenance, modifications and operations (MMO) business through an integrated construction and completions organization with DSME and Statoil.
Tore Sjursen, who heads Aker's MMO business, commented in a company statement:
"We are very pleased to be expanding our already significant role in developing the Mariner field and to be working with Daewoo and Statoil. This is a testament to the strength and know-how of our UK operations."
Aker also announced Monday that its Norwegian MMO unit has secured a two-year contract worth NOK 360 million ($50 million) for asset integrity management work at 11 offshore and three onshore locations in Norway – an extension to an existing four-year contract awarded by Statoil to Aker in October 2010.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)