Total Restructures Exploration and Production Business
French oil major Total S.A. announced late Tuesday that it is restructuring its exploration and production unit into five geographical divisions.
The new organization will see Guy Maurice head the Africa division, Michel Hourcard run the Americas division, Olivier de Langavant manage the Asia Pacific division and Stéphane Michel run the Middle East and North Africa division. The Northern Europe, Continental Europe and Central Asia divisions are to be merged into one Europe and Central Asia division headed by Michael Borrell.
Total President for Exploration & Production Arnaud Breuillac commented in a company statement:
"These changes are made with the objective to improve efficiency and adapt to the challenges the group is facing."
Other positions clarified by Total Wednesday included Kevin McLachlan heading the firm's exploration division, Pierre Bang managing the Quality Health Safety Societal Security Environmental division, Martin Deffontaines running the Strategy Growth Research division and Namita Shah managing Corporate Affairs.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)