Centrica Makes Minor Gas Discovery near Aasta Hansteen
Centrica Resources Norge has made a minor gas discovery near the Aasta Hansteen field in the Norwegian Sea, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate reported Monday.
According to the NPD, Centrica is about to complete drilling wildcat well 6707/10-3S. Preliminary calculations of the size of the discovery are between 71 and 283 billion cubic feet of recoverable gas.
The well is the first exploration well in production license 528B, which was awarded in Norway's 21st licensing round. It is located about 13 miles northeast of Aasta Hansteen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- Gazprom Smells Opportunity as UK's Biggest Gas Store Shuts (Jun 23)