Searcher Seismic, BGP to Carry Out Seismic Survey in Offshore Canning Basin
Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd. in cooperation with BGP announced Friday a major multi-client seismic campaign in the Offshore Canning Basin, Australia consisting of around 9,941 miles (16,000 kilometers) of newly acquired 2D data and around 6,213 miles (10,000 kilometers) of reprocessing.
The Bilby Non-Exclusive 2D seismic survey comprises of approximately 9,941 miles (16,000 kilometers) of 2D long-offset, high resolution DUG Broad seismic in the Bedout Sub-basin and Broome Platform, Western Australia, over a 2.48 x 4.97 mile (4 x 8 kilometer) grid.
The survey is designed to provide a grid of modern, high quality data to help identify prospective structural and stratigraphic trends that can be used for regional evaluations and future detailed seismic survey design.
Mark Ballesteros, chief geoscientist for Searcher, said he was looking forward to seeing the results of the new seismic campaign.
“The discovery of oil in the Lower Triassic at Phoenix South-1 has given explorers cause to question a lot of fundamental assumptions that have coloured the perceptions of the prospectivity of this area for decades and resulted in very limited exploration.
“We are very excited about the myriad of new plays that are now demanding re-evaluation and look forward to working with explorers to ensure they have the data they need to achieve the task,” Ballesteros said.
Acquisition of the Bilby 2D survey will be acquired by the BGP Explorer utilizing high-end Sercel Sentinel Solid Streamer technology, Bolt Source equipment and continuous recording.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)
Company: Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd more info
- Searcher Seismic Commences Papua New Guinea Data Acquisition Program (Oct 12)
- Searcher Commences Reprocessing of 2D Seismic Data in WA's Browse Basin (Aug 01)
- Searcher Seismic Commences 3D Reprocessing Project in Australia (Jul 12)