Linc Energy Finds Oil Shows at Pata-1 Exploration Well in Arckaringa Basin
Singapore-listed Linc Energy Ltd reported Thursday hydrocarbon shows have been detected in the Stuart Range Formation at the Pata 1 exploration well, the first of three wells in this year’s exploration program in the Arckaringa Basin in South Australia.
The Stuart Range Formation, which was the first of the three formations targeted in this well, was intersected at 3,408 feet (1,039 meters) and has been interpreted to be 470 foot (143 meter) thick. This is the first occasion that the Stuart Range Formation has been intersected at this depth in any exploration program in the Arckaringa Basin.
The oil shows in the Pata 1 well were logged in the cuttings from the Stuart Range Formation between 3,730 feet (1,137 meters) to 3,877 feet (1,182 meters).
Dull pale brown even fluorescence was found in a siliceous siltstone with minor fine grained sandstone and increased with depth from approximately 10 percent at the top of the unit to 90 percent at the base of unit, providing evidence of an oil bearing formation.
The cuttings samples have been dispatched for laboratory analysis in Brisbane with first results expected in six to eight weeks.
In light of these findings, a full suite of wireline logs and rotary side wall cores will be run at total depth to further define the prospectivity of the Stuart Range Formation at this location. These will include:
- Grandslam (GSLAM)
- SP, dual laterolog, micro-laterolog, gamma ray, acoustic, density, PE, neutron, caliper, temperature
- Cross-Multipole Array Acousticlog (XMACTM)
- STAR Imager (STARTM)
- Circumferential Borehole Imaging Tool (CBILTM)
- Formation Lithology Explorer (FLeXTM)
- 20 level Rotary Coring Tool
- 10 – 20 level check shot survey
Drillling will continue at Pata 1 through both of the deeper Boorthanna and Pre-Permian formations. The rig is planned to drill to a maximum total depth (TD) of approximately 7,693 feet (2,345 meters).
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Linc Energy Enters into Voluntary Administration (Apr 15)
- Linc Energy Resumes Drilling at Eba 1 Well in PEL 121 in South Australia (Mar 05)
- Linc Energy Drills Eba 1 Well in PEL 121 in Arckaringa Basin in SA (Jan 14)