Russia's Gazprom Neft Partners With Petrovietnam To Tap Arctic Oil
SOCHI, Russia, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Russia's Gazprom Neft, the oil arm of the world's top gas producer Gazprom, agreed on Tuesday to develop Russia's Dolginskoye offshore Arctic oil field jointly with Vietnamese state energy company Petrovietnam.
A Reuters correspondent at the signing ceremony also said the companies signed a deal under which Gazprom Neft will supply ESPO-blend crude oil to Vietnam.
Russian oil companies, including Gazprom Neft, have been hit by Western sanctions, which limit cooperation in offshore, deep water and tight oil production.
The Dolginskoye field, with more than 200 million tonnes (1.5 billion barrels) in estimated reserves, is located near Prirazlomnoye field, Russia's first offshore Arctic field launched last year.
Western majors Schlumberger and Weatherford have carried out some operations at the field. Gazprom Neft also employed the Romanian-made Saturn platform at the field.
Germany's Wintershall used the platform for one of its projects in North Sea.
The company said earlier this month that it completed drilling of an exploration well at Dolginskoye, while Saturn is set to be towed to the port of Murmansk.
The company has said it is working out a plan for 2015.
(Reporting by Denis Dyomkin; Writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Alexander Winning and Elizabeth Piper)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)