Maersk Gets Extension from Hess for Resolute Rig
Denmark's Maersk Drilling reported Monday that it has received an estimated $75-million extension to its contract with Hess Corporation for the Maersk Resolute (350' ILC) rig.
The Resolute has been drilling for Hess in the North Sea and the extension is for an additional four wells that have an estimated duration of around 90 days each.
The current seven-well program is expected to end by April 2015, so the contract has been extended to April 2016 in order to make time to drill the additional four wells.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)