Tethys Suspends LE-1 Exploration Well in Oman's Block 4 for Further Study
Sweden's Tethys Oil AB reported Wednesday that the exploration well LE-1 in the eastern part of Block 4 onshore the Sultanate of Oman has been suspended to allow for further studies in the future. An oil sample has been recovered from the well, indicating the presence of medium light oil, which suggests that a petroleum system may be active also in the eastern region of Block 4.
With no previous well data in this area, LE-1 has given important new data of the area’s lithology which will necessitate a reinterpretation of the seismic data previously collected.
The well has been suspended to allow for further study in the future. Once the seismic reinterpretation is completed the work program for the area will be assessed also for other well locations.
Tethys Oil AB, through its wholly owned subsidiary Tethys Oil Block 3 and 4 Ltd, has a 30 percent interest in Blocks 3 and 4. Partners are Mitsui E&P Middle East B.V. with 20 percent and the operator CC Energy Development S.A.L. (Oman branch) holding the remaining 50 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Tethys Oil AB more info
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)
- Tethys Oil Maintains High Production Rate in 2016 (Aug 03)