Roc Oil Names Bin Zhao as Chairman to Succeed Mike Harding
Australia's Roc Oil Company Limited (ROC) announced Thursday that Mike Harding has resigned from the Board of the Company with immediate effect from today. An Independent Non-executive Director since June 2012, Harding was elected Chairman of ROC in December 2013.
The Board of ROC thanks Harding for his leadership and invaluable contribution to the Company as a Director and particularly as Chairman, especially through the demanding period of the last 12 months. During this time Harding has presided over the proposed merger of ROC with Horizon Oil and the subsequent takeover bid by Fosun International which has delivered outstanding value to ROC shareholders.
"Whilst the last 12 months have been very demanding, I am pleased to be leaving the Company in good shape and ready for a new era under the ownership of Fosun. I would like to thank my fellow directors and the management team who have worked hard to secure this outcome for shareholders. I wish the ROC/Fosun group well in its future endeavours," said Harding.
The Board of ROC thanks Harding for his contribution to the Company over the last 2.5 years and wishes him well in the future.
Bin Zhao, president of Fosun Energy Group, has been named as successor to Harding as chairman of the ROC Board.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Fosun International Limited more info
- Source: China's Fosun Looks to Buy Israel Gas Fields from Delek (Dec 01)
- Fosun Closes Off-Market Takeover Bid for Roc Oil (Nov 18)
- Roc Oil Names Bin Zhao as Chairman to Succeed Mike Harding (Nov 14)