Eco Orient Energy Drills WBEXT-3F Well in Thailand's Blocks L44/43, L33/43
Australia's Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Tuesday that drilling has been completed on the WBEXT-10B well and has commenced in the WBEXT-3F well in the L44/43 and L33/43 Concessions in Thailand, in which Carnarvon holds a 20 percent interest.
The WBEXT-10B well, drilled down dip in the WBEXT-3C/3D/3D fault block, was completed as a production well after encountering an oil column in the igneous reservoir, and after a week of testing is flowing at rates of between 400 and 450 barrels of oil per day (bopd) with 2-3 percent water cut.
The WBEXT-3F appraisal well is being drilled to determine the extent of the oil column in the WBEXT-3ST1 fault block.
During initial testing of the WBEXT-10B well the Thailand Concessions are flowing over 4,500 bopd (gross) with discussions ongoing with the Operator to determine the ultimate flow rates in line with previous decisions to reduce the rates of new wells in order to increase ultimate recovery per well.
Equity holders in the L33/43 and L44/43 Concessions are:
- Carnarvon Petroleum - 20 percent
- Eco Orient Energy (Operator) - 60 percent
- Loyz Energy - 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Loyz Energy Ltd. more info
- Australia's Carnarvon Takes Equity Stake in Singapore's Loyz Energy (Jan 19)
- Loyz Posts 42% Fall in 1Q FY2016 Revenue to $4M Due to Low Oil Prices (Nov 13)
- Primeline Suspends Planned Merger With Loyz Energy Due to Volatile Market (Oct 01)