Hoegh LNG Exercises Option for HHI to Build FSRU in South Korea
Hoegh LNG Holdings Ltd. (Hoegh LNG or the Company) announced Thursday that it has declared its option for a fifth FSRU (floating storage and regasification unit) at Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) in South Korea. The FSRU, which will be delivered during the first half 2017, has full trading capability and increased regasification capacity compared to the previous four FSRUs ordered at the yard. With this order, the company has seven modern, large size and fuel efficient FSRUs in operation or under construction, the most modern FSRU fleet in the market.
President and CEO Sveinung J.S. Stohle says: "Monday this week we secured long term contracts for the last two of the four FSRUs in our current expansion program, and we therefore continue to follow our successful strategy by ordering additional FSRUs when new contracts have been secured. The order at HHI is the initial part of the Company's next expansion program, and we continue to see strong growth in the FSRU market over the next three to four years, and contrary to some of our competitors the Company's main focus will remain the FSRU segment where we intend to continue building our position as the leading owner and operator."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Hoegh LNG more info
- Hoegh LNG to Sell Hoegh LNG Partners for $370M (Aug 13)
- Hoegh LNG Exercises Option for HHI to Build FSRU in South Korea (Nov 07)
- PGN FSRU Project Commences Commercial Operations Offshore Sumatra (Jul 29)