Technip Bags Subsea Deal from Chevron for Indonesia's Bangka Development
France's Technip announced Wednesday that it was awarded a substantial subsea contract, worth between $127.5 million (€100 million) and $318.6 million (€250 million), by Chevron Indonesia for the Bangka Development, located in Rapak PSC area, approximately 43 miles (70 kilometers) offshore the province of East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The contract covers engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and pre commissioning of flexibles, umbilical, and subsea structures.
Technip’s operating centers in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute the contract and provide customer support, from conception to execution.
- fabricate the flexible pipes, at the Group’s Asiaflex Products plant in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia
- manufacture the umbilical at Technip Umbilicals’ facility in Texas, USA
- mobilize the Deep Orient, its multipurpose installation and construction vessel, for the installation phase of the project. She joined the fleet last year and works predominantly in the Asia-Pacific market
KK Lim, president of Technip in Asia Pacific, stated: “We are delighted to be awarded this new project. It demonstrates our differentiating advantage of having a unique vertically integrated value chain for subsea infrastructures to provide the most competitive solutions to our client.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Japan's JERA Imports First LNG Cargo Shipped From Chevron's Wheatstone Site (Nov 13)
- Chevron Canada Okays Duvernay Development (Nov 07)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)