Tanjung Offshore Bags $61.5M EPIC Contract from Petronas Carigali
Tanjung Offshore Berhad disclosed that its wholly owned subsidiary, Tanjung Offshore Services Sdn Bhd has been awarded an engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) contract Sept. 4 by Malaysia's national oil company Petronas' upstream unit Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) , the firm said in a filing on local exchange Bursa Malaysia Thursday.
Under the contract, valued at $61.5 million (MYR 200 million), Tanjung Offshore Services will provide facilities for the ORIGInS Project that covers both Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia. The three year contract took effect Sept. 5, with PCSB having the option to extend for an additional year until Sept. 5, 2018.
The ORIGInS Project (Operational Reliability & Integrity Gauging of Instrument based Safeguards) is an initiative from PCSB’s facilities (Peninsular Malaysia Operation, Sarawak Operation and Sabah Operation) to improve all automated safeguard items under the process shutdown system and fire & gas detection systems across PCSB’s upstream facilities, whether pneumatic, hydraulic of electronic-based by identifying potential deficiencies in these automated safeguards.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Tanjung Offshore Services more info
- Malaysia's Tanjung Offshore Diversifies into Education, Training (May 31)
- Malaysia's Gas Generators Bags a $4.4M Contract from PTS Resources (May 13)
- TOS, Jereh Collaborate to Offer Products, Services for Malaysia O&G Market (Sep 16)