PTTEP to Acquire 20% Interest in Concession BM-ES-23 Offshore Brazil
Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited or PTTEP announced Monday that PTTEP Brazil Investments in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Limitada (PTTEP BL), a subsidiary of PTTEP, has entered into an agreement to acquire a total 20 percent participating interest from Shell Brasil Petroleo Ltda in Concession BM-ES-23 in the Federal Republic of Brazil. This agreement is subject to the approval of Brazil's National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (the ANP).
The concession is located in the Espirito Santo Basin, in deep water of offshore Brazil, covering an area of approximately 212 square miles (550 square kilometers). Upon approval from the ANP, PTTEP BL will hold 20 percent participating interest in the concession, with Petrobras (the operator) holding 65 percent and Inpex 15 percent. The joint venture partners plan to conduct exploration and appraisal drilling during 2014-2015.
Currently, PTTEP holds 25 percent participating interest in 4 exploration blocks under Barreirinhas AP1 project which is located in Barreirinhas basin in Brazil. The participation in Concession BM-ES-23 is another important milestone in our expansion into South America, a region with high petroleum potential.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)
- Indonesia Encourages More Exploration, Development Activities in its Waters (Aug 31)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)