Pingvin Well Finds Gas in Barents Sea
Junior explorer North Energy reported Friday that the 7319/12-1 exploration well, targeting the Pingvin prospect on Norwegian production license 713 in the Barents Seahas found gas in a sandstone reservoir.
North said that extensive data have been acquired from the well through coring, wireline logging and liquid sampling. The firm added that updated information from the well will be provided as soon as analysis of this data has been completed.
The partners in PL713 include operator Statoil with a 40-percent stake, RN Nordic (20 percent), Edison (20 percent) and North (20 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Edison more info
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)