Woodside Selects Lloyd's Register Energy to be a Global Inspection Provider
Lloyd’s Register Energy reported Wednesday that the company has been chosen by Woodside as one of its global inspection providers. The new contract will help to ensure the components and equipment Woodside procures globally meet quality expectations.
Woodside is the largest independent oil and gas company in Australia. Under the three-year contract, Lloyd’s Register Energy will provide surveillance inspection, expediting and auditing services. The contract also includes two one-year extension options.
The successful nomination for delivering worldwide inspection services comes after a similar nomination of global inspection support for Japanese energy company Inpex for its high-profile Ichthys LNG (liquefied natural gas) project in western Australia.
"Our focus on providing high-quality worldwide inspection services, along with our proven success with Inpex, were major factors in this award from Woodside,” said Fotis Kampouris, vice president of Worldwide Inspection Services for Lloyd’s Register Energy.
This latest inspection nomination continues a long-standing relationship between the global giant certification authority Lloyd’s Register Energy and Woodside. For more than 25 years, Lloyd’s Register Energy has been providing ongoing compliance and risk consulting services to Woodside.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Lloyd's Register Energy more info
- Lloyd's Register Energy: Industry Can't Cut Costs in Safety (Apr 29)
- LRE Releases Survey Findings on Innovation, Investment in O&G Sector (Sep 30)
- Woodside Selects Lloyd's Register Energy to be a Global Inspection Provider (Sep 17)