Downer EDI Bags $159M Miscellaneous Work Contract for Gorgon Project
Australia's Downer EDI Limited (Downer) announced Tuesday that it had secured a contract for miscellaneous works on the Chevron-operated Gorgon Project, located on Barrow Island off the north-west coast of Western Australia.
The initial term of the contract is for 12 months, with extension options. The value of the contract is not to exceed $159 million (AUD 170 million) and will depend on what work orders are placed.
Under the contract, Downer expects to create up to 400 Australian jobs predominantly located at Barrow Island. The new roles will be across multiple construction trades disciplines including structural, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation and civil. There will also be a number of new project administration and functional support roles located in Downer’s Perth office.
The scope of work may include:
- Structural and piping erection
- Mechanical installations
- Electrical and Instrumentation Services
- Miscellaneous Civil works
- Pre-commissioning works; and
- Commissioning and start-up assistance
The CEO of Downer, Grant Fenn, said he was delighted Downer would be working on one of Australia's largest resources projects.
"Downer is a leading Australian construction contractor and we have a proven track record in oil and gas,” Fenn said.
The Gorgon Project is operated by Chevron. It is a joint venture of the Australian subsidiaries of Chevron (approximately 47.3 percent), ExxonMobil (25 percent), Shell (25 percent), Osaka Gas (1.25 percent), Tokyo Gas (1 percent) and Chubu Electric Power (0.417 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Downer EDI Limited more info
- Downer EDI Bags $159M Miscellaneous Work Contract for Gorgon Project (Sep 04)
- MB Holding Acquires Century Resources (Dec 07)
- Downer Secures $200M in Pilbara Contracts (Apr 12)