Kongsberg Bags Contract from BW Offshore for Catcher FPSO
Norway's Kongsberg Maritime Engineering (KME), the wholly owned Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) subsidiary of global maritime technology developer Kongsberg Maritime, will deliver an Integrated Control and Safety System for the new BW Offshore "Catcher FPSO".
The contract follows BW Offshore's signing of a lease and operate contract with Premier Oil and its joint venture partners at the end of April for a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) to operate on the Catcher oil field in the UK North Sea. The field is owned by Premier Oil (50 percent, operator), Cairn Energy (30 percent) and MOL (20 percent).
BW Offshore's scope includes the delivery of the FPSO, mooring system, installation and operation of the unit throughout the charter period. The FPSO will have a processing capacity of 60,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) and a storage capacity of 650,000 barrels. BW Offshore will order a newbuild hull from Japan for the project, while integration work will be performed in Singapore. The FPSO shall be ready for production mid-2017.
The Kongsberg scope of supply for the FPSO includes complete E-House and Electrical Equipment. Kongsberg will supply K-Chief 700 marine automation system for vessel control, K-Safe for fire, gas and safety for Process Shut Down (PSD) and Emergency Shut Down (ESD), K-PRO for process control, and a fire and gas detection system.
Represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Europe, Asia Pacific, West Africa and the Americas, BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry. Part of the BW Group, one of the world's largest maritime groups, BW Offshore is the world's second largest FPSO contractor with a fleet of 14 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has a long track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)