Santos to Commence Re-Entry Works at Mt Kitty Well in NT's Amadeus Basin
Central Petroleum Limited (Central) disclosed Wednesday that it has been advised by Santos, the operator of Amadeus Basin permit EP 125 in Australia's Northern Territory, that it plans to commence re-entry works to complete the evaluation (including logging) of the Mt Kitty 1 exploration well and plug and suspend the well to enable future use of the wellbore.
Following completion of these re-entry operations, the forward plan of the Joint Venture is to undertake a resource estimation and economics study and plan any future work program for the permit.
Santos has indicated, at a minimum, approximately 124 miles (200 kilometers) of the 807 mile (1,300 kilometer) Stage 2 2D seismic for the Southern Amadeus farmin will be acquired in EP125 in which Mt Kitty is situated.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Central Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Central Confirms Gas Flow at Mereenie Field in Australia's Amadeus Basin (Jun 27)
- Central Petroleum Seals Deal to Acquire 50% Stake in Mereenie Field in NT (Sep 02)
- Central Reveals Petroleum Reserves Estimates for Palm Valley, Dingo Fields (Jul 21)