Shell Makes Gas Find at Marjoram-1 Well in Block SK318 Offshore Sarawak
Royal Dutch Shell plc reported Tueday that it has made a gas discovery at the company-operated deepwater Marjoram-1 well in Block SK318, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia - the second exploration success in the block after Rosmari-1 earlier this year.
“Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia ... We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future,” Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International director said in a press release.
The Marjoram-1 well is located around 111 miles (180 kilometers) off the coast of Sarawak in water depths of around 2,624 feet (800 meters).
The Rosmari-1 exploration well, located 84 miles (135 kilometers) offshore in Block SK318, had encountered more than 1,476 feet (450 meters) of gas column when the discovery was announced by the European oil major in April.
Shell has an 85 percent interest in Block SK318, with the remaining 15 percent held by Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Berhad's upstream unti Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)