Horizon Oil Terminates Merger Implementation Deed with Roc Oil
Australia's Horizon Oil Limited (Horizon Oil) referred Tuesday to the announcements made by Roc Oil Company Limited (Roc) and Horizon Oil yesterday in relation to the takeover offer for Roc by Fosun International Limited (Fosun).
As a result of the Roc board’s unanimous recommendation of Fosun’s takeover offer, Horizon Oil has given notice to Roc terminating the Merger Implementation Deed between Horizon Oil and Roc dated Tuesday April 29, in accordance with its terms.
Accordingly, Horizon Oil has applied for, and received, orders from the Federal Court of Australia:
(a) cancelling the Scheme Meeting of Horizon Oil shareholders which was scheduled for Thursday Aug. 7; and
(b) vacating the proceedings for the second Court hearing which was scheduled for Thursday Aug. 14
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Horizon Oil more info
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)
Company: Fosun International Limited more info
- Source: China's Fosun Looks to Buy Israel Gas Fields from Delek (Dec 01)
- Fosun Closes Off-Market Takeover Bid for Roc Oil (Nov 18)
- Roc Oil Names Bin Zhao as Chairman to Succeed Mike Harding (Nov 14)