Origin Energy Spuds Tarantula-1 Well in Perth Basin

Origin Energy has commenced drilling operations on the gas exploration well Tarantula 1 located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License 11 in Australia.

The well is located on a structural closure similar to the adjacent Beharra Springs North Gas Field, approximately 6.5 kilometers north of the Beharra Springs gas processing plant.

The well has a planned total depth of approximately 3,235 meters and is expected to take 22 days to drill on a dry hole basis. The prognosed top of the primary objective Wagina Formation, equivalent to the producing horizons at the nearby Beharra Springs and Beharra Springs North wells, is 3,139 meters.

Participants in L11 and Tarantula 1 are Origin Energy with 67% and ARC Energy with the remaining 33%.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours