Baraka Resolves Dispute Over 2 Exploration Permits in Georgina Basin in NT
Baraka Energy & Resources Ltd. (Baraka) disclosed Thursday that the deed of settlement and release referred to in the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) announcement of June 30 (June 30 Announcement) has now been executed and we refer shareholders and investors to that announcement. The effect of that settlement is as stated in the June 30 Announcement.
The 2014 Work Plan and Budget (2014 WP&B) on the 2 Australian Northern Territory permits, EP127 and EP128 in which Baraka has an interest (subject to the settlement referred to above), involving 3 wells in the Georgina Basin has been carried out expeditiously by Statoil Australia Theta B.V., the Operator.
2014 Work Program for EP127 and EP128 (2014 WP&B)
Pending an independent analysis by Baraka on all the data from the wells drilled on EP127 and EP128 in the 2014 WP&B, and the completion and testing of OzBeta-1 well, we would refer the market to the public announcement made by Petrofrontier Corp., our joint venture partner, which outlines the results to date on all five wells in the Georgina Basin as interpreted by them.
The 3 wells on Baraka’s permits are OzBeta-1 on EP127, OzDelta-1 and OzEpsilon-1 on EP128.
Further information will be released to the market after our independent analysis, if it is deemed by Baraka to be material.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: PetroFrontier Corp more info
- Statoil to Withdraw from Permits EP127, EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Nov 14)
- Statoil Completes Testing Operations at OzDelta-1 Well in Australia's NT (Oct 13)
- Statoil Abandons OzBeta-1 Well in Permit EP 127 in Northern Territory (Aug 27)
Company: Baraka Energy & Resources Ltd. more info
- Baraka Renews Exploration Permit EP127 in Australia's Georgina Basin (Mar 18)
- Baraka Withdraws from Permit EP128 in Australia's Georgina Basin (Jan 08)
- Baraka Applies to Renew Exploration Permit EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Mar 11)