Linc Energy to Drill 3 Wells in Arckaringa Basin in South Australia
Linc Energy Ltd announced Thursday plans to drill 3 wells in the Arckaringa Basin in South Australia as part of the next phase of exploration and development of this significant asset.
Given the size of the potential resource the Board of Linc Energy has determined that the best option for shareholder value is for the Company to fund the targeted exploration program to better define this basin before the Company considers partnering for phase two or three of development.
This program will be funded within the Company’s budget.
As part of this strategy, Linc Energy has engaged with Baker Hughes as shale experts and advisors on this program. Baker Hughes has completed a comprehensive study and produced a detailed model on the basin on the following:
- Geo mechanical modelling
- Wellbore stability analysis
- Hydraulic fracture design
- Prediction of multiphase flow performance
- Simultaneous inversion analysis of seismic data
- Optimizing well planning and design, and
- Preliminary development plan to transition the resources to reserves for development
Conclusions of the study have been used to assist Linc Energy with the design of the 3 well exploration program to test the deeper more prospective parts of the basin.
This drilling program is likely to be focused on the Boorthanna Trough which formed the basis for the majority of the prospective resources separately identified by Gustavson Associates and DeGolyer and MacNaughton as previously announced. To date no previous drilling has intersected the formations at depth and the results of these wells will be critical to understanding the basin in detail.
Samples and core recovered during drilling activity will be sent for analysis of rock layers within the targeted formations with the most prospective source rock. Analysis will include:
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Linc Energy Enters into Voluntary Administration (Apr 15)
- Linc Energy Resumes Drilling at Eba 1 Well in PEL 121 in South Australia (Mar 05)
- Linc Energy Drills Eba 1 Well in PEL 121 in Arckaringa Basin in SA (Jan 14)