NPD: Exploration on NCS Remains 'Vigorous'
Exploration activity on the Norwegian Continental Shelf remains vigorous, with 13 new discoveries being made this year, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate reported late Monday.
The NPC said that eight exploration wells are currently being drilled and that, as of June 24, 33 exploration wells have been spud this year. During the first six months of 2013, 28 exploration wells were spud.
Of the 33 wells spud so far this year, 23 were wildcat wells while 10 were appraisal wells.
Exploration in the North Sea was down compared to other years, but Statoil still managed to make six discoveries and France's Total made one. The Norwegian Sea and Barents Sea both saw three discoveries each.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)