Statoil Spuds OzDelta-1 Well in EP 128 in NT's Southern Georgina Basin
PetroFrontier Corp. (PetroFrontier) announced that the fourth well in its 2014 Work Plan and Budget (the 2014 WP&B) has now spud and drilling is underway in the Southern Georgina Basin in Australia's Northern Territory. The OzDelta-1 well is a vertical exploration well located in Exploration Permit 128. This is the fourth of up to 5 vertical test wells to be drilled as part of the 2014 WP&B. All wells will include an extensive open hole evaluation program and up to 3 of the wells will be cased for future hydraulic fracture stimulation and production testing.
Prior to the spud of the OzDelta-1 well, Statoil Australia Theta B.V., PetroFrontier’s joint venture partner and the operator of the 2014 WP&B, successfully drilled and cased the third well of the 2014 WP&B, OzGamma-1. All of the planned open hole well evaluation activities have been completed and are now being analyzed. A total of 315 feet (96 meters) of core were recovered in a continuous coring process, which penetrated the Lower Arthur Creek and Thorntonia formations.
Subsequent to drilling the OzDelta-1 well, the rig will be moved to the fifth well location of the 5 well program, OzEpsilon-1, located in Exploration Permit 128. Readers are encouraged to review the current investor presentation online to see both the well locations and seismic cross sections.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: PetroFrontier Corp more info
- Statoil to Withdraw from Permits EP127, EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Nov 14)
- Statoil Completes Testing Operations at OzDelta-1 Well in Australia's NT (Oct 13)
- Statoil Abandons OzBeta-1 Well in Permit EP 127 in Northern Territory (Aug 27)