Beach Updates on Cooper Basin NTNG Project, PRLs 33-49 in Australia
Beach Energy Ltd. provided Friday an update on Cooper Basin Nappamerri Trough Natural Gas project in permit ATP 855 in Queensland and petroleum retention licenses 33-49 in South Australia.
Cooper Basin NTNG Exploration Update
Beach Energy Ltd (Beach) advised the following in relation to the exploration program in the Nappamerri Trough Natural Gas (NTNG) project in ATP 855 (Beach 46.9 percent and operator, Chevron Exploration Australia 1 Pty Ltd (Chevron) 18 percent and Icon Energy Ltd. 35.1 percent) and PRLs 33-49 (Beach 70 percent and operator, Chevron 30 percent).
The Queensland Government recently passed legislation that extends the period of the work program for all ATP’s under the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act (2004) by two years, which includes ATP 855. The Government has embarked on a tenure reform initiative, which provides the Joint Venture the opportunity to consult with the Queensland Government over this period to secure more flexible tenure arrangements over the ATP 855 permit for the longer term.
In relation to the ATP 855 permit, Beach recently engaged independent petroleum consultants DeGolyer & MacNaughton (D&M) to provide a report on the Prospective Resources contained within the area. D&M estimated the gross unconventional prospective raw natural gas resource for ATP 855 (as at June 15) as follows:
- Low estimate (P90): 21.48 Tcf
- Best Estimate (P50): 28.49 Tcf
- High Estimate (P10):37.74 Tcf
The following should be noted in relation to the above:
- Beach equity share is 46.9 percent
- The estimate was prepared by D&M in accordance with the 2007 Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS)
- Recovery efficiency was applied in estimating the volumes above, however, the probability of geological success was not
- Application of any geological and economic chance factor does not equate unconventional prospective resources to contingent resources or reserves
- Probabilistic estimates have been made for each target formation and these have been statistically aggregated
- There is no certainty that any portion of the unconventional prospective resource estimates will be discovered. Should they be discovered, the commercial viability in relation to gas production is not guaranteed
The Joint Venture is in the process of planning the fracture stimulation program of 4 wells with Condor Energy Services Ltd in ATP 855. It is anticipated that this program will commence in 1Q FY15, once new equipment from the USA has arrived. The program is planned to include the fracture stimulation of the Geoffrey-1, Redland-1, Hervey-1 and Etty-1 vertical wells. The first well to be fracture stimulated will be Geoffrey-1, which will be assessing a single zone of interest in the base of the well and the flow potential of this specific target. As such the results are expected to indicate only a fraction of the well’s potential.
The Joint Venture has been granted Petroleum Retention Licenses (PRLs) 33 to 49 over the old PEL 218 permit, securing tenure over this strategically positioned resource, initially for up to 15 years. The granting of the PRLs by the South Australian Government recognizes the proving up of the continuous nature of the basin centred and shale gas plays, as well as the demonstration of the ability to flow gas from multiple sections of the Permian target zone. Should the project proceed to development, tenure would be further extended by conversion of the PRLs to Production Licenses.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)