Roc Oil to Farmout 20% Stake in PSC for D35, D21, J4 Fields to Dialog
Australia's Roc Oil Company Limited announced Friday that its wholly owned subsidiary Roc Oil (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd has inked a Letter of Intent to farm-out a 20 percent participating interest in the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for the three fields D35, D21 and J4, located in water depths of approximately 164 feet off Eastern Malaysia to local firm Dialog Resources Sdn Bhd.
"The Dialog farm-in will reduce ROC's participating interest to 30 percent. The farm-out is subject to Petronas approval, joint venture approval and completion of documentation," Roc Oil said in a press release.
Roc Oil farmed in for a 50 percent participating interest to the PSC in April 2014, partnering Malaysia's national oil and gas firm Petronas' upstream unit Petronas Carigali which holds a 50 percent operating interest in the 57.9 square mile- or 150 square kilometer-block.
The terms of the PSC, effective from January 2014 to December 2034, are designed for field redevelopment and enhanced oil recovery to commercially encourage progressive incremental oil development over the full life of the PSC, Roc Oil stated on its website.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Dialog Group Berhad more info
- Roc Oil to Farmout 20% Stake in PSC for D35, D21, J4 Fields to Dialog (May 30)
- Dialog, Halliburton in $1.2B Deal to Develop Offshore Bayan Field (Nov 20)
- Roc Flows Oil from First Appraisal Well Offshore Malaysia (Nov 20)