Technip Bags Contract for LNG Plant in Fengzhen, Inner Mongolia
Technip announced Monday that it has been awarded an engineering, procurement and technical assistance contract by Fengzhen Wanjie Gas Co. Ltd. for a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant in Fengzhen City, Inner Mongolia Province, China. The plant will consist of 1.3 million Nm3/day LNG train (0.35 million tons per annum) and a 0.3 million Nm3/day Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) station.
The contract covers:
- basic engineering design (BED) of the process plant
- BED and detailed engineering design of a LNG tank
- procurement of key equipment such as the main cryogenic heat exchanger, mixed refrigerant compressor, boil-off gas compressor, LNG in-tank pumps, cryogenic control and on-off valves
The LNG plant will be based on an Air Products liquefaction process.
Technip’s operating centers in Shanghai, China, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute the contract with plant start-up scheduled for the second half of 2016.
KK Lim, president of Technip in Asia Pacific, commented: “This contract award is another success for us in the growing mid-scale LNG market in China. I am delighted that Technip remains as the contractor of choice while we continue to bring our extensive knowledge in LNG to our clients.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)