PNG's Stanley Gas Project JV Awaits Grant of Development License
Australia's Horizon Oil Ltd. reported Monday that the article in today’s Street Talk section of the Australian Financial Review, stating that the Company “has secured a production development license” in respect of the Stanley Gas Project in Papua New Guinea, leading to a formal announcement of same today, is premature.
As previously advised by the Company:
- Papua New Guinea’s National Executive Council has approved the Stanley Gas Project
- The Minister for Petroleum and Energy, the Hon. Nixon P. Duban, has signed on behalf of PNG, the Gas (i.e. project) Agreement with Horizon Oil and its fellow licensees; and
- the Company and its fellow licensees were offered and have accepted a petroleum development license and a pipeline license in respect of the Stanley Gas Project
Under PNG’s Oil and Gas Act and the terms of the Gas Agreement, the Minister for Petroleum and Energy will grant the development and pipeline licenses.
The Minister convened the development forum, required under PNG’s Oil and Gas Act, May 16. The development forum is a key stakeholder meeting between the Stanley area landowners, the National and provincial governments at which the State’s benefit sharing proposals are discussed with landowners and other stakeholders. The development forum is in progress.
Horizon Oil will announce the grant of the Stanley Gas Project petroleum development license on receipt of the license from the Minister for Petroleum and Energy.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)