WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project
WorelyParsons Ltd. reported Wednesday that WorelyParsons Canada Services Ltd., in joint venture with affiliates of Chiyoda Corporation, Foster Wheeler AG and Saipem S.p.A (CFSW JV), has been awarded a contract by LNG Canada Development Inc. (LNG Canada) for the provision of front-end engineering design (FEED) and project execution services for a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) export project, known as the LNG Canada Project, in Kitimat, British Columbia.
The LNG Canada Project is planned as a phased development initially comprising two processing trains, each with a production capacity of approximately 6 million tons per annum of LNG, with an opportunity for an additional two trains. The release to proceed with the project execution phase is subject to regulatory approvals and a financial investment decision by LNG Canada, a milestone still a couple of years away.
“We are pleased to be working with Chiyoda, Foster Wheeler, Saipem and WorleyParsons, a group of companies who together have extensive experience in the liquefied natural gas industry” said Andy Calitz, CEO, LNG Canada. "LNG Canada’s vision is to work collaboratively with First Nations, the local community and other stakeholders, to deliver a project that is safe, reliable and reflective of community interests and I look forward to us working together to deliver this project’s expected benefits to the surrounding communities and all British Columbians."
LNG Canada is comprised of Shell Canada Energy (50 percent), an affiliate of Royal Dutch Shell plc, and affiliates of PetroChina (20 percent), Korea Gas Corporation (15 percent) and Mitsubishi Corporation (15 percent). This operating entity is incorporated and registered under the federal laws of Canada.
“WorleyParsons is delighted to be a part of this signature energy project for Canada’s west coast,” says Andrew Wood, CEO of WorleyParsons. “Securing this important contract reinforces WorleyParsons’ position as a significant participant in the global LNG business.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)