Pertamina Flags Readiness to Manage Mahakam Block Off East Kalimantan
Indonesia's national oil and gas company PT Pertamina sent a third letter to the country's Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry highlighting its readiness to manage the Mahakam block offshore East Kalimantan as the Production Sharing Contract now held by Total S.A. and Inpex Corp. is due to expire in 2017, local daily The Jakarta Post said Tuesday.
“We are 100 percent ready to manage the block and we have sent an official letter to the ministry three times,” the firm’s upstream oil and gas director, Muhammad Husein, told kompas.com on Monday, as reported in the Indonesian daily.
Pertamina would send a fourth letter to the government if there was no response in the next few months, Husein said, adding that the firm’s experience in taking over the West Madura Offshore (WMO) and Offshore Northwest Java (ONWJ) blocks from foreign contractors made it ideally qualified to operate the Mahakam block.
Earlier in March, a senior official of Pertamina's upstream subsidiary PT Pertamina Hulu Energi told Rigzone that it was keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area. Pertamina Hulu Energi currently operates the WMO and ONWJ blocks in Indonesia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Pertamina more info
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)