Cosco Nantong Delivers SapuraKencana 3500 Pipelay, Heavy Lift Vessel
Singapore-listed Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Limited announced Monday that Cosco (Nantong) Shipyard Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of the company's 51 percent owned Cosco Shipyard Group Co., Ltd, has delivered a pipelay heavy lift vessel, SapuraKencana 3500, to its Asian buyer.
The delivery documents were signed by and between Cosco Nantong and the buyer recently.
The pipelay heavy lift vessel is designed to carry out multiple functions including oil piping processing, laying, installation and heavy lifting. Classed by ABS, the vessel is capable of working in shallow water of up to 656 feet (200 meters) with a 10-point mooring system. The vessel is also equipped with a DP3 dynamic positioning system, which enables it to carry out heavy-lifting installation of large-scale offshore structures such as platform blocks, modules and jackets, as well as S-type pipe laying operations in water depths of up to 4,921 feet (1,500 meters).
SapuraKencana 3,500 measures 513 feet (156.4 meters) in LOA (length of all), 147 feet (44.8 meters) in breadth, 55 feet (16.8 meters) in depth, with a design draft of 24 feet (7.4 meters) and a lifting capacity of 3,500 tons.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
Company: Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Ltd. more info
- Cosco Delivers 2 Jackups to Foresight Group and a PSV to a European Buyer (Aug 25)
- Cosco Incurs $27M Net Loss in 2Q 2016, Revenues Fell 11% to $566M (Aug 08)
- Cosco, KS Energy May Sell KS Orient Star 2 if Offer Covers Building Cost (May 17)