Foster Wheeler Wins Contract from Bahrain National Gas Co.

Foster Wheeler's subsidiary, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, has been awarded a contract by the Bahrain National Gas Company (BANAGAS) for front-end engineering design to revamp BANAGAS' liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) facilities. The value of the contract was not disclosed. BANAGAS is 75 percent owned by the Government of Bahrain with the remaining 25 percent equally owned by the Arab Petroleum Investment Corporation and Caltex Bahrain.

Ian Bill, chairman & chief executive of Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, said: "The award of this contract by BANAGAS reflects Foster Wheeler's extensive experience in sour gas/condensate handling and LPG treatment. We are pleased to assist BANAGAS in the development of Bahrain's oil and gas industry. This builds on the good relationship that we have already established with the Bahrain Petroleum (BAPCO) refinery, part of the same group of companies as BANAGAS."

The BANAGAS LPG facilities will process 308 MMSCFD of associated sour gas with Arab gas and refinery offgas rich in LPG liquids. The present facilities process 280 MMSCFD of gas in two gas/condensate reception plants with associated gas treatment and LPG/naphtha export facilities, located at the Bahrain oil field, south of Awali, and refrigerated product storage and loading areas at Sitra, 15 kms south of Manama, the capital of Bahrain.

Foster Wheeler will undertake the front-end engineering design for the revamp of process units at both of the central gas plants, the refrigerated product storage area and export facilities at Sitra, including the transfer pipelines. This may involve the use of new technology and the potential upgrade of the lean oil system at the central gas plants.

The LPG products and naphtha are exported under existing marketing agreements. The naphtha is routed via the BAPCO refinery and the residue gas, mainly methane and ethane, is routed to Aluminium Bahrain (ALBA), the BAPCO refinery and Electricity Directorate's Riffa power station.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.47/BBL 0.98%
Light Crude Oil : $49.72/BBL 1.09%
Natural Gas : $2.76/MMBtu 1.09%
Updated in last 24 hours