AWE Installs Production Liner at Pateke-4H Well in PMP 38158 offshore NZ
AWE Limited revealed Monday that as at 11:00 hours (11.00am NZDT) today the Pateke-4H development well in petroleum mining permit (PMP) 38158 offshore New Zealand has been drilled to a revised measured total depth of 15,656 feet (4,772 meters), including a 2,457 foot (749 meter) horizontal section through the reservoir, and installation of a 6.625 inch slotted production liner has been completed.
The well will now be completed and suspended to enable production in 1Q 2015, following the installation of sub-sea flowline infrastructure and tie-back to the Tui FPSO. The oil-bearing properties of the Kapuni F10 reservoir are positive and the data analyzed to date are consistent with AWE’s pre-drill estimates.
The Pateke-4H development well is in PMP 38158 and AWE is the Operator. Located in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, PMP 38158 contains the Tui, Amokura and Pateke fields and has been producing since 2007. Pateke-4H is in water depth of approximately 406 feet (124 meters) and has been drilled into a northern extension of the producing Pateke field.
The Joint Venture partners in PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator): 57.5 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries): 27.5 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries): 15.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)